On October 11, 2010, ICHA maintenance personnel, Ruben and Frank, saw smoke pouring out from the roof vent of one of the buildings in the Las Lomas Apartments. They placed a call to the ICHA Rental Office, who then called the Fire Department.  Ruben and Frank entered the ground floor unit and found an engulfed pot left unattended on the stove burner.  They then checked the apartment and found the resident asleep in the bedroom.   Ruben and Frank were able to extinguish the fire on the stove while saving the sleeping resident, the neighbors, and the apartment building from a potentially dangerous situation.